Me @paulotwain on November 12, 2017


16 photos on Google Photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vvkvzxDffsDbTjPE7


Me @paulotwain on November 12, 2017
Shoot on a Canon T3 50mm w/ tripod and timer.

While I liked the resulting photographs very much, it was so exhaustive to program the camera to take shoots in 10 seconds, run a few meters (this is a 50mm lens), make the right poses, and repeat that one hundred times until getting good shots.

Doing that alone was no much fun. So until I met a photographer interested in working with me, that’s the first and only time I’m taking this kind of “artistic” nudes.

There also an ideological issue in artistic nudes for me. They are “allowed” and “respected” as “true” art. But I think *everything* is art, including the vulgar and nasty, the explicit and sexual. “Artistic nudes” can’t show erections for example, or excessive sexual tension. This limitation of what is or isn’t art simply doesn’t fit into my world.

My art is an expression of my feelings, of how I’m feeling in the moment. Sometimes I’m happy, sometimes I’m sad, and touching myself and giving me some pleasure is a natural thing to do in those moments. So my nudes are full of sexual tension, smiles, erections, joy, and happiness, because I really enjoy the moment of taking them! And that’s the kind of nude I want to show in this place. That’s my art.

So this starting is to show what I don’t wanna do, and what I’m going to subvert.

Comments